Saturday, April 2, 2011

Context is Everything



(Click to enlarge)

Just in case you missed the first comic (scroll down!), she is pregnant, not fat. That is to say, she is not currently pregnant, but was pregnant when these events transpired. This particular episode was followed by profuse apologies and explanations. "No I wasn't talking to you! I was talking to the cat! I would never say that to you!" the real hilarity came when Sarah said, "oh, okay good. ...can I have more food?" I took a few creative liberties on how the ordeal transpired, there was no crying, (at least not on her end [you try inadvertently calling your pregnant wife "fatty"]) and the whole thing seemed almost instantly funny to the both of us. George the cat got his food and we got ours.

I was finally able to figure out the best method for colouring this comic. In the past I've shied away from shading, which just makes the whole thing look like it was drawn on MS paint (which coincidentally, I have used to draw comics in the past). It's not that I'm opposed to MS paint, I just think the ridiculously expensive software I'm using should turn a better product. I'm hoping to find a freeware version of Illustrator so that I can upgrade to a CS4 level, but so far to no avail. If you know of one, give me a shout!

That's all for me. I should have a new post on Monday, no comic though. Comics come on Friday (or in this case Saturday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment