Friday, August 19, 2011

Date Night (Part 1)



(Click to Enlarge)

Please note that this comic and blog are also available on my new site http://www.twoxtwo.ca and that starting on September 1st I will be posting exclusively on twoxtwo.ca and will no longer use this blog as a forum.

This is the first in an indeterminate amount of strips in a series I call “Date Night”. I wanted to write these strips after I realized that Sarah and I spend an inordinate amount of time on our dates looking at pictures of our kids that we snapped on our cell phones. It’s also a good way to introduce new characters. Roseanna will be appearing in next weeks comic, which opens the gate to eventually feature her husband Josh, and later in the Date Night series we will meet up with Joel and his wife Lynn. I’ve been meaning to add these characters for a while but the opportunity thus far has not presented itself. My original vision for the comic was to be about parenting, couples relationships, and ministry(two by two, get it?). I’m having trouble coming up with ministry based story lines (except so far for “the power of prayer”) mainly because the things I find funny about church and ministry others either won’t, or will be offended by… Sooo…. it’s more of a “know your audience” issue right now.

I’m proud of myself for planning ahead. Next weeks comic is currently drawn and sitting in front of me :) So it will be up on time for sure, despite the fact that I will be on vacation in Windsor. I will be using my vacation time to further increase the amount of aheadedness that I am in my comic drawing.

Any way, I must go and do the dad thing. Enjoy!

-Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment